Would you like to come work on experimental, independent games here at Funomena? We have 2 open positions at the moment, and you can apply for them using this handy form. <3
These positions are full-time in our office in downtown San Francisco, sorry we can not accommodate remote work.
Associate Producer [Wattam]
Funomena is moving into a busy period, with multiple projects reaching the later stages of production. During this period (a 6-month contract) we are looking for a highly organized, self-directed associate producer to contribute to keeping the company and projects running smoothly. Working closely with the CEO, CTO and Project Directors you’ll do a little of everything:
- Facilitate schedules and task tracking
- Understand, report on, and aid the health of projects in whatever way reasonable.
- Share responsibility for social media management
- Assist in communication with publishers & partners
- Test games & provide feedback
- Provide general support to teams and to management
- Proficient verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage diverse, constantly-changing workload.
- Ability to manage pressure in a stressful environment as games wrap up production. This isn’t coded language for long hours! You’ll just need a cool head.
- Experience with late stage / shipping games
- Technical experience working with bug tracking software, console shipping process, experience in Unity a plus.
- Ability to ask for help when you need it is critical!
Gameplay Programmer [Wattam]
This position requires coding, collaborating closely with designers and artists, a strong design sensibility and dreaming up cool ways to support play.
- Implement and maintain gameplay systems
- Work with designers and artists to build experimental features
- Rapidly prototype new ideas in an iterative fashion without fear of throwing away code
- Knowledge of C-based languages and Unity
- Ability to improve game-feel through development of juicy player-facing features (controls, gameplay mechanics)
- Experience with developing 3D gameplay
- Experience with experimental game design
- Strong communication skills
- Strong discipline to get features to shipping quality
- Have shipped a commercial title
- Experience building non-linear gameplay systems
- Experience using profiling and debugging tools a big plus!
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is central to Funomena's mission.
If you have questions about Funomena, want to get in touch or just send us an encouraging note - reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org <3