Would you like to come work on experimental, independent games here at Funomena? We have 2 open positions at the moment, and you can apply for them using this handy form. <3
These positions are full-time in our office in downtown San Francisco, sorry we can not accommodate remote work.
Gameplay Programmer [Wattam]
This position requires coding, collaborating closely with designers and artists, a strong design sensibility and dreaming up cool ways to support play.
- Implement and maintain gameplay systems
- Work with designers and artists to build experimental features
- Rapidly prototype new ideas in an iterative fashion without fear of throwing away code
- Knowledge of C-based languages and Unity
- Ability to improve game-feel through development of juicy player-facing features (controls, gameplay mechanics)
- Experience with developing 3D gameplay
- Experience with experimental game design
- Strong communication skills
- Strong discipline to get features to shipping quality
- Have shipped a commercial title
- Experience building non-linear gameplay systems
- Experience using profiling and debugging tools a big plus!
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is central to Funomena's mission.
If you have questions about Funomena, want to get in touch or just send us an encouraging note - reach out to us at: email@example.com <3